Julie’s core work includes advising private land investors with extensive commercial and industrial real estate portfolios as well as innovative land-based investment vehicles involved in infrastructure industries. In addition, Julie regularly advises on complex development and subdivision projects and acts for private lenders and private equity investors in connection with land-based projects, including dealing with Overseas Investment Office applications where required.
Julie possesses a deep technical understanding not only of the legal framework, but also the processes and systems, that underpin any transaction involving land. This expertise combined with her extensive experience across a vast array of transactions, ensures her smooth and efficient handling of transactions to accomplish great results for clients.
Julie’s extensive transactional experience includes:
- acting for a private New Zealand investor group in connection with its acquisition of substantial commercial and industrial property assets in the agribusiness sector;
- advising (over a period of many years) on acquisitions, disposals, development and property management and administration for NZX and ASX listed Trans Tasman Properties, which entity’s portfolio included commercial, industrial and retail properties valued in excess of $500 million;
- advising a private New Zealand investment group on a complex project comprising development of a new international standard golf course for Peninsula Golf Club, including providing advice on multiple development and related contracts enabling subdivision and residential development of former golf course land at Hibiscus Coast, Auckland;
- principal legal advisor to Clearspan Property Assets on development of a unique investment vehicle in underlying property assets leased to telecommunications companies, including acting on the acquisition and administration of sites to build a portfolio of these property assets;
- acting for private investors acquiring and administering substantial portfolios of freehold interests in land subject to perpetual lease interests;
- advising an internationally recognised and iconic New Zealand winery on contractual, land acquisition, foreign investment and other matters;
- acting for Australasian investment bank Castle Partners on investments in New Zealand land projects and securities;
- advising leading New Zealand project developer and manager Darby Partners and related investment partnerships on prestigious property development and resort projects;
- advising on issues arising under the Overseas Investment Act and associated regulations, including preparing applications to the Overseas Investment Office for consent to the acquisition of sensitive land and significant business assets; and
- acting for a range of public and private specialist lenders to the property industry over a period of years.